background

February 16, 2010

Rough Night

When I put Bercan to sleep last night he felt a little warm so I took his temp and it was 101. I gave him some Tylenol and feed him and he was out. Then it was on to the Mommy clean up time of cleaning up from the day, preparing for tomorrow and getting some things done around the house. Before I knew it, it was after 11:30. Off to bed only to hear Bercan crying at 1:00am. I went in and he was burning up. Seriously, I don't think that I have ever felt a baby that hot. I took his temp and it was up to 103. Gave him more Tylenol only to be up with him for 2 hours. Finally, he fell asleep, still hot, only to wake up 15 minutes later. He wasn't crying but more just groaning. I sat in my bed listening to a groan, to be silent for 10 minutes, to more groaning to finally really asleep at 4:45. Then my two other boys were up at 5:30 hungry. Imagine that. I had no energy at all and felt sick myself. I told them to go back to bed and that I would wake up at 6:30 to give them breakfast. I think that I fell back to sleep around 6ish woke up at 7 to hear them downstairs. I got up and went down there was one bowl, milk and oatmel on the counter. I asked them what it was about and they said that they made oatmel and shared it since they knew that they could only eat a little bit. As exhausted as I was my heart was filled with such proudness (not sure that is a word) but I was so proud of them. Hoping today I can get some sleep and that we can all stick this challenge out.

No comments: