background

February 18, 2010

End of Day 3

It was an amazing night at our Encounter service at church. I'm always impressed with the way that they do these encounter services. They reach your soul and challenge your mind and heart. When we got home I was still feeling a bit light headed and was met with tears from the boys who wanted a snack before bed. I am so proud of them for sticking with it even though I think that they are ready to be done. Torin's prayer last night was for all the hungry children that don't have food. Bjorn commented that it really is sad which Torin's response was "No Dad, it's really, really sad". Vaughn is now asking so politely for food that you would think that he has gone through an etiquette class of some sort. They know that there is only two days left and they are talking about all the things that they are going to eat. While I respond to it as remember these kids don't get a "Saturday" to eat whatever they want. I think that they are getting sick of hearing it. I went out with a friend last night, got water and did have a few chips with a few bits of chicken and some salsa. I did try and limit myself as I could have gobbled up the entire thing in a matter of seconds. It made me sad that I did this as I was really trying to last the entire week. I think that the nursing is not helpful with this as I am the only food source for Bercan and it obviously is taking something from me. I went to bed last night thinking how blessed that we really are and also thinking about the hungry children that we have here in the U.S. and trying to think of ways to get my children to realize that it really isn't just in Africa but it's in our own backyard too. Definitely some thinking going on through these days.

No comments: