background

February 6, 2010

More Hockey

Torin at the face off. It's funny how these kids race to get back to the bench after their shift to be the first one back on the ice to fight for the face off position. I really don't know what position this is, maybe forward. Who knows? Not me :) I call it the face off position. I'm sure once Bjorn reads this entry he'll let me know the correct terminology. Torin is so funny with hockey. Some days he will be super focused and really into the game while other days he'll be skating in circles, literally, watching the puck fly by with no cares at all. When he is focused I will say that it is fun to see him play. The best thing so far this season is seeing that he is actually "getting" the game. A few times I will notice that he is not chasing after the puck but anticipating where the puck will end and skating to that part of the ice. It's just fun to see him progressing.

Finally his efforts to race to the bench paid off...
I just love the back of the jersey's with their names on it. Holt (Jacob) is one of Torin's friends from his class at school. Jacob and Torin really love to play hockey together along with anything else. Bieniek (Christian) and Torin played clinic together and went to the same preschool. Christian's Mom actually was Torin pre-school teacher. It's just fun to see these boys grow up and play sports together!

No comments: