background

February 20, 2010

Day #5 -- Almost DONE

It has been such a long week. The boys have had a tough time the past few days. Especially for Torin. There have been tears, arguments that I just finally said "Go ahead and eat." I couldn't take his whining any more I was just too tired that I was done. He went and ate a sucker. Then I think that he felt bad and didn't end up eating dinner. Literally, he fought us on the temperature of the oatmeal that was prepared and was so stubborn that he went to bed without dinner. The will power that this kid has is amazing. I pray that he uses it some day for a good cause and not just to try and give his mother gray hair :)

Here are some of the things that occurred this week:
- $25 grocery bill that we didn't eat all of the food.
- Kids being sad about not getting food versus not wanting to eat what was made for dinner.
- Going to bed hungry
- Bjorn is down 10 pounds from this week
- The kids are probably down as well. Vaughn literally looks thinner. It's sad.
- Realizing how blessed we are.
- Having a new sadness in my heart for mother's that cannot provide food for their children.
- Having a desire to help people who have less.
- Two children who are praying for children who don't have food or don't know when their next meal is.
- Many, many more things!!!

I'm hoping to video the boys later today and will be sure to post it.

No comments: