background

February 18, 2010

Day #4

We are almost there. The boys this morning made their oatmeal again but only did a small serving knowing that is what is expected from them. One observation that I have had over the past few days is the amount of patience that has come with this. I thought that being hungry I would be super crabby and yelling all the time. Not that I haven't raised my voices at the boys but I know it's been much less. When there are tears about anything I have seen myself get down to their level and try to talk through the situation versus just loosing it with them. Again, FAR from perfect trust me but a small step in the right direction. I've had some enlightenment of how blessed that I have things. Not just the material things in life but the people that I am surrounded by and the miracles that God performs every day. It's been an interesting week and I'm excited for what else I may come to see or appreciate over the next two days.

No comments: