background

February 16, 2010

Day #2

Honestly, today was a little harder than yesterday for me personally. I'm sure not sleeping well last night didn't help but I'm here at 9:22pm so pretty much at the end of the day. One story that I forgot to mention in my post from yesterday was the conversation that I had with Torin during dinner last night. In finally talking me into making them black beans versus the red beans as he was eating them he asked me if the people in Africa had chickens. I said yes that they did but they only get chicken once in awhile and it is only the size of one chicken nugget. Not sure where he was going with this he said "Well if they have chicken's then they must get eggs from the chicken's. So can you make me some eggs and put the black beans in that." I thought it was pretty clever but I had to say no. He may have talked me into the black beans but I wasn't going to cave into the eggs :)

Today, was harder for Vaughn as he is definitely used to having more snacks during the day than Torin does. There were a few more tears and bedtime tonight was again pleading for snacks. I feel bad always saying no to them that I find myself letting them do things that we don't typically do like renting a movie last night or watching more TV than usual. I'm not sure if this is totally related or not but poor little Vaughn is constipated. He was literally crying today to go poop. Not just whinning but literally had tears. He got through it and was better. One would think with beans and oatmel this wouldn't be a problem.

The food list for us today was the following:

Vaughn = 8 ozs oatmel with a little brown sugar and milk, pb and j sandwich (crust were even eaten today) with a few crackers, chicken the size of a chicken nugget diced and put into a tortilla shell.

Torin = 8 ozs oatmel with a little brown sugar and milk, crackers, chocolate milk, 2 chicken tenders, fruit salad and beans, chicken the size of a chicken nugget diced and put into a tortilla shell and a slice of cornbread.

Me = 1/4 cup of steel cut oats with a little brown sugar and milk, 8 ozs rice and beans in a tortilla shell, a thin slice of cornbread, another 8 ozs rice and beans and a thin slice of cornbread. I did have Vaughn's cornbread tonight as he didn't want it. I figured a mother in Africa wouldn't leave behind scraps so neither did I.

The boys are definitely getting this and are not liking the fact that they have to wait until Saturday to eat regular food again. It's also interesting that they are upset that I have given Bercan a few puffed cereal things. They are hungry enough to be asking for those.

A few insights from today is that my pants were looser today than normal. I sort of expected that would happen but also notice that I don't have as much energy as normal although not sure if that is due to lack of sleep last night. Two days down and 3 more to go.

I do have to give our nanny credit as she told the boys that if they could make it that she would do it with them as well. I thought that was pretty awesome as this is her first week with us. Maybe we can get her to come to Eagle Brook with us soon :) Till tomorrow...

No comments: