background

July 8, 2010

Vaughn's 4th Birthday

After hearing that Torin wanted a hunting party you can only imagine what Vaughn wanted, a hunting and fishing party. Well that just wasn't ideal for a 4 year olds birthday so I just decided that at 4 I still get to have a little more control in the planning. We were going to have it at a beach where the kids could swim, play in the sand and just have fun BUT I tried this last year and got stuck with pretty much our neighborhood in my house on a rainy day. Maybe it was that I was 7 months pregnant that it ended up being too much for me but it did teach me to have a back up plan.

Thus in the invitation I literally had a plan A and a plan B. Thankfully, I did this as it did end up raining and plan B was put into action. This consisted of going to McDonald's having dinner, playing on in the playground structure, eating cake and opening presents. Vaughn had a great time and was a happy little 4 year old.

He of course had to have a Spiderman birthday cake. He picked out the cake pan from Michael's which Mommy had a coupon for so we got it for a whopping $4. That's just about as good as a garage sale price :) I got a little smarter this year too with the frosting. I ordered it from our local grocery store and for way more frosting than what we needed I only paid $8 but the colors were perfect. The cake turned out awesome but I have to give credit to Bjorn on this one as well since he helped draw all the lines of spider man which was probably the hardest part!

Here are a couple of pictures from his party...



Vaughn and his friend Levi digging into the cake...

Vaughny's friends as he says at"Don Donald's"
Vaughny and his spiderman cake....which he was
super excited about how it turned out.

Most cake pans I am not a super big fan of but this one is actually one that turned out the best. It was fun to see Vaughn's face once it was all done. He was so happy to have a Spiderman cake!

No comments: