background

July 3, 2010

Salesman in the works

With Torin's baseball team there of course came a fundraiser. I remember doing girl scout cookies and an occasional fundraiser for school but I feel like between the two boys we get something about fundraisers every month. I was about to just turn it and say that we didn't have time to do it until I read that Torin could get something out of it.

It was a coupon card to different businesses in the area and it was only for $20. Torin received cash for each card that he sold. I didn't tell him that he would get anything from it but said that this was something that he had to do to help the baseball fields and the team that he plays on. A large portion did go to the maintenance of the fields, helping improve the dugouts along with equipment throughout the association.

Torin did not want to do this at first. He had to wear his uniform and literally I dragged him to the first house and explained the details of the card. The second house Torin managed to say that the card was "twenty bucks". We walked up to the third house Torin grabbed the card from my hand and told me "I got this one Mom" and he did. He repeated all of the details that he had heard me say to the last two houses and sold it. Along with another 15 cards to make a total of 18 cards for the night. It was just too cute to see him in his uniform, stating all the details, looking them in the eye and thanking them for the sale. There were of course a few houses that didn't buy the card and it didn't phase him a bit. Oh well he would say and on to the next house he would go.

In the end he sold so many cards that he earned $165. When we explained to him that he earned that much money he was so excited. He couldn't believe that he had done so well but you could tell just how proud of himself that he was. We told him that he had really impressed us too. He's thinking through all of the things that he is going to do with the money....

No comments: