background

July 26, 2010

Monkey

There truly is not enough space on any blog to document all of stories that Vaughn shares about monkey. Monkey is his stuffed animal who's name is monkey. It kind of reminds me as a little kid as my stuffed animal was a horse that I name horsey. So I guess that we are not the most creative when it comes to naming stuffed animals.

One would think that monkey is an average monkey nothing too fancy but if they heard of all the adventures and life stories of monkey they would be impressed. He has 18 brothers and sisters and has traveled all over the world. Pretty much anything that happens in our family monkey has done it but always one upping the situation.

The other night at Auntie Cole's rehearsal dinner I took Vaughn to the bathroom. As we were washing our hands he told me "Mom when I get home I going to make a card for monkey." I was about to say that's nice of you Vaughn for him to blurt out "Cause his Mom and Dad died." Now I know that this is not really funny but in the context of how it came out I bursted out laughing which I quickly covered my face to pretend that I was crying over this sudden news.

Oh Vaughn, really our family would be so boring without him. I have been told since then that Monkey's Mom and Dad really didn't die, they were just on vacation. He has quite the imagination...

No comments: