background

March 27, 2010

One conversation made it worth the trip

The plane trip down the boys were excellent. We actually had the row of people behind them complimenting them on how well behaved they were. Apparently, that was about all that they could exert in the good behavior department as when we got to the hotel they turned into little monsters. Seriously, I felt like why did we spend all this money to come down to sit and yell at the boys for not listening to a word that we were saying.

The second night in Florida we decided to take the boys to the beach to watch the sunset. They ran up and down the beach non stop. Vaughn would run into the water and run out as the waves would chase after him. Literally he was having the time of his life. It was fun just to watch the boys go and have a fun time.

The sun set and as we were walking back to the car Torin was just walking with his head down and you could tell that he was just thinking. It was just him and I he comments to me "Mom, being here just reminds me of God. I feel like he is here in the sand, the wind, the waves, all of it." I said to him "Yeah, the waves are so powerful like God is." Torin looks me and says "No, not really Mom." I guess I didn't know what he was talking about :) "It's more like he made all of this and it's just so incredible and I feel like there is grace all around me." I realized that it wasn't about me interpreting his thoughts but just to walk by his side to listen to his thoughts. To see how God was working through him and how his heart has God in it.

It made me realize that I really don't care about how the boys act the rest of the weekend as this made the trip totally worth it.

Torin the fisherman...telling stories of course :)
Bjorn caught a flounder...the boys thought it was crazy
that it had both it's eyes on one side of it's body.
The red fish that Mom caught...I mean Torin. He claims that
it was all him. I'm good enough to go along with it.
Berc chilling at the pool with Dad in his shades...too cute
The boys at Siesta Key Beach. It's an awesome beach!
Vaughn showing us how much he LOVED the beach.
It was his first time to the ocean so his excitement is genuine.

No comments: