background

March 18, 2010

God's last name...

Awhile back Bjorn had gotten a little pocket notebook from a conference. Basically, it's a soft sided folder with a tiny notebook in it and has some business card holders on the other side. Torin thought this was the BEST thing he had ever received. He started making drawings in it, writing his "secrets" like "I like to skateboard"....very important details of his life. Along with math mountains and what not. He would hide this folder and protected it from all. Well the other day Bjorn came across some free mini calendars. I told him he really didn't need it and to put it back. He made the case for Torin and I agreed. Thus that night Torin got the calendar and again thought it was AWESOME! "Daddy, can I put people's birthday's in this?" He was pumped! So he started putting the birthday's in. "B. Larson bday on 7/17" That was his labelling approach which I thought was pretty creative for him to come up with. Well he got to December and got to the 25th and asked Bjorn "Daddy, what is God's last name?" I mean after all he didn't want to deviate from his labeling and to a 6 year old everybody has a last name, right? It's these comments that help us remember just how innocent these boys really are.
I'm not sure what Bjorn's response was to his question though....

No comments: