background

March 4, 2010

Magic

Bjorn is always "playing" with the boys that he can do magic. Like making waffles appear in the freezer or whatever else that he can trick them into believing. For as observant as Torin is one would think that he would catch up but every time he just has amazement of his Daddy.

Well tonight on the way home Bjorn was showing the boys that he could make the van console light turn on by snapping his fingers. They were AMAZED...seriously they really were. Then I rubbed Bjorn's hand and said "Let's see if some of Daddy's magic rubbed off on me." I would snap and the light turn on. Even more these boys were amazed at the magic. Vaughn started yelling "Mommy give me some magic!". So I touched him and when he would attempt to snap I would touch Bjorn and he would make the lights turn on. If there is ever a time that I wished that I had a camera or video camera this is the time. To see Vaughn's face explode with expression of the "magic" that he had was just priceless. He literally had his jaw dropped like the boy from Mary Poppin's when he finally learns how to snap and the toys put themselves away.

Torin then asked Vaughn for some magic which he was more than happy to share and before we knew it we had the light going on and off like crazy. Thinking about it now I wonder what the other people on the highway thought was going on in our van. Really I guess I don't really care. Torin was giggling and so excited about this "magic" that it was so worth our flashing van.

The best part was when we told the boys that the magic wore off so none of us could it anymore and Torin whispered "Light be cratic and turn on like magic" Bjorn heard him and turned the light on. Bjorn asked in a stern voice "Torin are you whispering magic back there?" His rye grin and response of "Yes" in his little squeaky voice followed by giggles made the night one that I don't ever want to forget :)

No comments: