background

April 4, 2010

Florida Memories Part 1





Well there are just so many memories and stories that I want to capture from our trip that I am going to have to do them in chunks. The boys had a great time and really we did too. It was great to get out of our daily routines and just be together. To focus on one another, spend the time that we don't get to on a daily basis. The boys were for the most part excellent of course there were the few occasional bumps in the road but that's life after all, right :) Torin had a blast being with his cousin Cooper playing in the pool, at the beach, playing video games and just being a kid. I wish that I could say the same for Vaughn, not that he didn't have a good time but that he was constantly wanting to be with the big boys and them not really wanting him to be around. It's funny to think that in not so many years he's most likely going to be "bigger" than the big boys. He probably only has an inch on his cousin Cooper who's a 1 1/2 years older than Vaughn and Vaughn is only 8 pounds lighter than his brother who is 3 years older. It will be interesting to see how they avoid him in the future :) Vaughn did like playing with his little cousin Alaina. The game of "house" was the choosen one for them to play. A simple game of one being Mom and the other being Dad. Conversations went something like this "Mom, I'm going to go get my hair cut." "Okay Dad, do you want me to come with?" "Sure Mom." I look at this and wish that I could be amused by such simple things in life. The two of them really were too cute.

Another story was when Torin wrote "I love you Vaughn" in the sand. Of course Vaughn recognized his name and when Torin told him what it said he looked Torin in the eyes and gave him the response of "I love you booger". Seriously, is this my life with boys. They are really just too silly and funny at times. Torin was obviously looking for something a little more meaningful than Vaughn's response and rolled his eyes, looked at me and said "He's crazy Mom." I had to agree that Vaughn is just a little crazy but in a good way.

Even though Torin was about ignoring his brother once we met up with the rest of the Larson family he was really sweet to him on the way home from our trip. It had been a LONG day of waiting in the airport as our flight was cancelled and we literally didn't know if we were going to make it home. We ended up waiting for about 6 hours before we got onto an airplane to start the 6 hour trip back home. Once we got into MN, Vaughn was spent. We got our baggage to head out to be picked up and Vaughn just started to melt down. Literally, sitting and crying that he couldn't lift his baggage. I told him sorry that Mom and Dad could not help as we had all the other bags and the baby. Torin said "It's okay Vaughn, give me your bag I'll take it for you." And he did, Torin was obviously just as tired as the rest of us from the long day but found the energy and compassion for his brother. Picked up the bag and wheeled it out for him to the curb. It's the little things like this that made any bump in the road worth going over.

More to come and pictures too...

No comments: