background

April 13, 2010

Who to marry...

The other day Vaughn and I were driving to the post office and he told me for his birthday he wants a dog. I told him that when he gets older and is married that he can have a dog in his own house. He replied quickly "But Mama I want to marry you"...he had such a sad tone in his voice. I told him that I couldn't marry him because then Daddy would be so sad. In the silence I could tell that he was thinking through what the next plan should be to work this out. He then said to me "I'll marry that sassy girl Bella!" This is Torin's "girlfriend"...I'm not even sure Bella knows it but Vaughn is right that she is sassy. I said well that probably won't work because I think Torin is hoping to marry Bella. Torin will tell you that he is going to marry Bella. Don't try and argue it with him, it's a done deal in his 6 year old mind. Vaughn then becomes silent again trying to see just how he can acquire this dog of his. He asks me "Is Siobain and Dave married?" I tell him that yes they are married. He gets the biggest smile and says "Then I marry Amelia. She has a dog Diesel and so she know how to care for dogs. We have two dogs one Diesel and the other Tuk. You know Mom, like Cassie and Jason's dog Tuk." So there it is people this is how Vaughn is going to get a dog....

No comments: