background

July 2, 2009

Strawberry Patch

Well I had a day off with the boys today so I decided that we should go to the Strawberry patch. I remember going with my Mom and sister when I was six years old and thought that Torin would really like it. My assumption on that was correct the boys had a great time picking strawberries and were really good about. We got to take a tractor ride to the patch and were told to follow a lady who would show us to "our" row. As Vaughn was starting to follow her, he was quickly distracted by a rock that he literally held the entire time while picking. I think it is in the bottom of my purse as I type. Silly little man, there's a picture below. Torin was very concerned about not throwing the berries into the box but to lay them in there. His reason was that he didn't want them to get bruised, not sure where he learned that but I went with. Vaughn followed suit with "laying" the berries because that's what Torin said. At the end we got to take the tractor back and purchased strawberry rhubarb rollovers along with our strawberries. I will have to say that there is absolutely nothing better then fresh picked strawberries. Here are
some of the pictures from our day. I can't wait to make this a
yearly tradition with our boys...
Tractor ride out to the patch

Vaughn picking





All DONE...




YUMMY strawberries




Vaughn trying to carry them like Torin






Tractor ride home with our berries
Nothing like a little bit of a break for playing dandelions

The infamous rock :)

No comments: