background

June 26, 2009

A runner in the works...

So this morning as I was getting ready to go for a run with Cole, Torin woke up and joined me downstairs. He asked what I was getting ready for and when I told him that Auntie Cole was coming and we were going to go running he blurted out "Well, I want to run with you guys too and I'll even pace myself." Quick background on Torin and pacing....I signed Torin up for 1/2 mile race in October and in order to prepare him for what a 1/2 felt like he, Auntie Cole and I decided to go around our pond twice which is close to 1/2 mile. When we started to run Torin took off in a dead sprint, as I chased after him trying to tell him to pace himself. We got around the pond once and he stopped and started to cry, yelling at "Mom don't tell me to pace myself. People who pace themselves are losers!" Nothing like being a little competitve I guess...YIKES!!!" So with that he was done for the day. He did end up doing the race and did great.....back to our story from this morning.....unfortunately the little man doesn't have any running shoes as we have sandals for the summer and hiking shoes. He was a little bummed but just the fact that he asked to go with and seeing his desire to do so made me excited for a possible life long running partner. Yes, I might be getting my hopes up a little but a girl can dream :) And to add we will be buying him a pair of running shoes this weekend in the hopes of fulfilling a dream.

A side note...I know I've been bad about getting pictures out of the boys. It's on my list of things to do so hopefully it will come soon...

No comments: