background

June 18, 2009

Big brother the protector

Last night, as we do every night for Vaughn, we pray that God takes away all of his bad dreams. He went through a phase where he was getting up every night because of bad dreams. At first I just thought it was an excuse but sleeping with him one night he started to cry and squirm then woke up crying even harder. So now we pray to God that he won't have bad dreams and if he does have one when he wakes up we'll say the prayer again and he'll go back to sleep. So when we got done saying the prayer, Torin looked at Vaughn and said "If you get scared or have a bad dream you just snuggle into me and I'll protect you. Okay? That way you don't have to go into Mom and Dad's room. Okay, Vaughny?" Vaughn's response was "Otay, Towin. Me luv you."

Don't get me wrong Torin can tease his brother pretty good but his heart is so soft for him that it melts my heart. I hope that never changes between them.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so sweet. I am so glad that you are blogging these stories. One, for all of "us" to read. Two, so that you and they can remember such sweet memories!

Jen, Bjorn, Torin, Vaughn, and Bercan said...

Thanks Kristine! I'm trying to use the blog as my journal or it is never going to get written down :) Hope you are doing well!!!