background

June 19, 2009

Sorry Mom....

Last night I was putting the boys to bed in which they had wanted to sleep together again. They are serioulsy really good about this like 95% of the time so we typically let them when they want to. We got done reading the story and they asked for a song, again a typically thing. Well I started to sing and whatever it was they started to giggle. I told them that I wasn't going to sing if they were going to giggle. Before I could even start again, they started to giggle. I got up, told them that I loved them and walked out. Little stinkers...not sure if it was my voice or if they just had the giggles. Well then it continued. I gave them 5 minutes to calm down which they didn't and then separated them. It wasn't a huge deal as they know that's the rule. Torin was really good about going to his own room and it was done, in 5 minutes they were both fast asleep. No big deal, really I didn't think about it the rest of the night.

This morning Torin comes into our room, gives me a huge hug, looks me straight in the eye and says "Mama, I'm so sorry for how naughty I was last night. I'll be a good boy for you today." I mean you wonder how long he thought about that to be so sincere about it. I really didn't make a big deal out of it at all. I thanked him for his apology and gave him another hug. Sweet little kid..

No comments: