background

July 28, 2009

Magic Baptism

On Sunday I was baptized. It was quite the experience and one that I am very happy that I did. I've been wanting to for awhile now and just felt the urge that this was the right time to do it. I know that I made the right decision and feel very blessed to have gone through this experience as an adult to make that public declaration of my belief, faith and love for the Lord.

In that the boys would be joining us for this event. I told Torin what we were going to do and tried to explain it. He of course said right away that he wanted to be baptized too. I told him that I was so excited to hear that but that I wanted him to pray about it. That I had prayed about it for a long time before making the decision to do this. I asked him why he wanted to baptized as I was curious as to what his response would be. He told me he wanted to be baptized because he didn't want to sin anymore. Pretty cute respone from a 6 year old. I explained to him that baptizm was a washing away of sins but that it didn't protect me from not ever sinning again. He looked at me a little disappointed and said "You means, it's not magic. I thought it was magic." It was something that I definitely wanted to jot down to not forget.

He did have a great time at the baptizm and I could see him wanting to take the step in the near future even with him knowing it's not magic :)

No comments: