background

July 6, 2009

Tator Tot

In order to not forget this I am journaling it here. Each of the boys has a nickname that has been assigned to them by me. Not sure how it happened or why but it is what it is. Torin was so tiny when he was born that I started to call him my little bug or bug-a-boo. When Vaughn was born, even through he was a pound bigger at birth than Torin he was such a peanut compared to 3 year old Torin. Thus peanut or peanut butter became his nickname. As we have been talking about names for this baby, and trust me this is not something that we have done a lot or have shared with hardly anyone, the name Tate was one that I have kind of liked for awhile. It's going to be hard to come up with a name to match Torin and Vaughn. It's not like we can name the kid John or Bill. It needs to be something original, right??? Well I told Torin that I liked Tate to get his opinion on it and when I said it the name Tator Tot came out just naturally. So we have been calling him Tator Tot and everytime that I say it Torin will tell me "Mom, if you want to name him Tate you can. It's alright." It's pretty cute and I'm using this blog as a way to journal it to not forget how it came to be.

No comments: