background

June 23, 2010

Vaughn turns 4 years old

Well not only did my first born turn 7, agh, that's still hard to say but my little Vaughny turned 4. I'm really not sure where this time is going to but I will say that I really don't like how fast it goes.

Vaughn had a lot of "firsts" this year. He rode the school bus for the first time to take a summer speech class. I will say that I was fine with him getting on the bus until it pulled away. It was at that point that I really wanted Bjorn to follow the bus to the school just to make sure that he was okay. The teacher called after the class and said that he did wonderful and was very happy during the class. That of course made Mama bear a little better :)

He also started preschool. It was so fun to see him get so excited about the first day of school. If there is a kid who is excited and loves school it's Vaughn. Everyday he would ask "Do me go to kool whohay?" Well throughout the year his speech got SO much better that all of his cute little sayings were finally no longer there. He graduated from preschool and his speech class all in a matter of a short few months. Vaughn also started swimming lessons and after his second class they moved him up to the second class. It was so much fun to see him break out of his shell and really have fun with other kids his age.

The last year went by with a blink of an eye and it's crazy for me to think how much he has grown. He's big thing is being a super hero. Whether that's batman, spiderman, any one really would be fine. He wears his spiderman costume around a majority of the time and out in public. I always find it so sweet how many people will see him out at the grocery store or where ever and comment "Oh how cute" or "Howdy there Spiderman". He gets a little shy but he is just so happy pretending. If he isn't wearing a costume and definitely has an interesting outfit on, never the same socks and usually rocking a mohawk. This kid definitely has some confidence and an interesting perspective on style. I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments: