background

June 4, 2010

Some thoughts on Tor

First of all I cannot believe that I am blogging that my first born child turning 7 today. The first few years of his life it seemed like life was going fast. His first year I was so excited that my baby was turning 1. The party and seeing him dig into a cake was just so fun to experience. The next few years just didn't seem crazy to me. It was amazing to see him growing into a big boy. I think it was when he turned 5 that I started to realize that my baby was growing up way too fast. Then I woke up today and realized that my baby was turning 7 and that he really wasn't my baby any more. Seven, just seems way too old to me. How did this happen? There's a part of me that literally tears up. I want to stop time in it's place and just hang out with him, hold him and love him to pieces. At the same time life with Torin, even though challenging at times, can also be so rewarding. He's got a heart for God and for his family. I was told recently though that I am now was his #2 girlfriend. I know deep down I'm still probably #1. I snuggled with him tonight and cherished every second of it. Things I remember about Torin this year....he learned how to ride a skateboard, he became a big brother again and loves every second of it, he played his first season of youth hockey where they took second in their jamboree, he was a teenage mutant ninja turtle, he got his first WBL sweatshirt and literally wore it almost everyday, still loves to cuddle with his little blankey, ran a 2k and a 1/2 mile race, shot a bow and arrow that would resemble Robinhood and finished the first grade. All in all it was good year!!

Prior to that he celebrated his 7th birthday with a few of his close friends for a hunting party. I'll admit that I don't have a ton of pictures of the party as I took this time to just be in the moment versus trying to capture the moment. I did have to get a picture of the cake and then one of all the boys with their faces painted. It was a great birthday with a scavenger hunt, shooting target practice, army gear relays and of course face painting, cake and presents. It really was a great night and I think that all of the kids had a great time. When Torin went to bed tonight he told Bjorn that was one of the best birthday's ever. I guess the backyard party with just a few friends is still in fashion :)




No comments: