background

January 1, 2010

Santa is too tired...

It amazes me that Torin still has such a strong belief in Santa. I don't wrap the presents in different wrapping paper or do really anything to try and hide it. I write the "to" and "from" in capitol letters but that's about it. We left a note from Santa to the kids and this year we forgot so Bjorn quickly wrote one out. No questions were asked about the handwriting looking like Bjorn's or that the letter wasn't there right away. I mean seriously the kid just believes without a doubt. This year Bjorn got his LCD 52" TV. We decided to bring it up from the basement and put a bow on it. Torin was so pumped for Bjorn saying that Santa brought him the TV. Later that day Bjorn and Torin went into the basement to try out his new heely shoes. Bjorn had left the DVD and other components for the TV down in the basement. When Torin saw them he asked what they were and Bjorn said that they were for the new TV. Torin thought for a second and said "Oh, I bet after Santa brought the TV upstairs he was way too tired to bring up the rest of these things. Yep, he came in from the basement window and the TV tired him out." It's so funny to me that this serious kid has a belief that is overwhelming to me. It will be interesting to see when he actually finds out that Santa is really Mom and Dad :)

No comments: