background

January 26, 2010

Heading back to school

Torin has decided that in first grade he really is not sure that he likes going to school all that much. He'll tell us that it's boring and that he has to sit there and write all day. We of course tell him to "suck it up" as there are many more years in front him. Before Christmas break all he could ask was how many more days till Christmas break. I seriously think he was more excited about having a break from school then he was about the presents. We did have a lot of things planned that unfortunately didn't get accomplished because Torin got a high fever and pretty much just wanted to lay around the house. After being home bound for so long I would have thought he was excited about school just to see his friends. His first day back to school I picked him up from school and asked how his day went. "It was ok but I would've have rather been home with my family Mom." I asked if that is why he doesn't really ever want to go to school and he said that he would be home with his family than going anywhere. I suppose if that's his reason for not liking school how can I blame him :)

No comments: