background

December 26, 2009

Helping a friend out...

One of the student's in Torin's classroom house had a fire. Thankfully, the bedroom door was shut so the only thing that burned was his bedroom. He lives in a townhouse so it really could've been ugly. The teacher told the students about this and Torin raised his hand and said "I have a gold coin that the tooth fairy left me. I could give it to Patrick as it is a whole dollar." Bjorn, I mean the tooth fairy, had put a gold dollar coin under the pillow for Torin's lost tooth. His teacher said that she was so taken back by Torin's response that she had to tell me. He's not always the best kid in her class so I was happy that she could see that he does have a big heart. The next morning I went into Torin's room and gave him the 5 minute rule when I saw that he had some clothes and a stuffed animal that he was trying to put into his book bag. I asked him what those were for and he said that he wanted to bring them for Patrick because all of his clothes were burned in the fire. He melted my heart in wanting to share what he has with others that I let him take them. I hope that this part of Torin only continues to grow as he gets older :)

No comments: