background

February 7, 2011

An Afternoon with Vaughn

Well today I took some time for Vaughn. He has asked a couple of times if I could come to his class and after a very long month of being gone evenings to help with a benefit for a friend of mine I decided that we both needed this.

When I told him that I was going to be coming to his school with him he was so excited. On the way there, he asked me if I had to go to the bathroom. Odd I thought but when I told him that I didn't. He explained to me if I did that the bathrooms were right outside his classroom. Here are the other details that he provided.

1. Mom if you have to wash your hands our sink at school comes out like a shower. You don't have to stand on the step though cause you are tall enough.

2. If you get hungry I think that there are some Craisins on the counter that you can have. (When I told the teacher about this she said that she had brought some in last week ;)

3. At circle time if I wanted to sit on his square with him I could.

This was all on the 5 minute drive to his school. I guess my little man is just trying to make sure that I have a good first day at school with him.

It was a ton of fun to see him in his element and just to get to be with him. I received many hugs and kisses throughout the couple of hours and I have to say that it was the best couple hours of my day :)

No comments: