background

September 1, 2010

Torin Parenting

I always love how Torin will go through a difficult phase in his young life and then be able to remember the lesson from it only to parent his brother with it. In the moment it is a mix of sweetness with a little of me rolling my eyes :)

This morning Vaughn just couldn't find a pair of shorts even though he had a pile of them in his drawer. He said in a very whinny and almost crying voice "I wearry don't like does shorts and I don't want to wear dem." Torin looked down at his whinny brother said in a smooth gentle voice "Vaughn you need to appreciate what you have. Some kids don't have any shorts at all." Vaughn's response to this was "I don't want to be affrecitive TORIN!". Torin just shook his head in disappointment and walked out of his room.

Funny thing is that I literally cannot recount the number of times that I have said this to Torin and I can only imagine how many days it will be until I'm saying the same thing to him again....I would give it about oh say 7 days as that is the day that school starts :)

No comments: