background

August 25, 2010

Tooth Fairy...

It amazes me how Torin can be so literally about things in life yet have an imagination that when he tells stories makes me giggle almost out loud.

He has lost his two front teeth this summer and while we were in Door County he lost the second front tooth. Unfortunately, the night he lost it I ended up getting horribly sick and was literally out throwing up and feeling like my head was on a tea cup ride at a fair. So that night we forgot to put a $1 under his pillow. When he woke up he informed us that the tooth fairy had not come. The fact that Torin still 100% believes in the tooth fairy is priceless but he was a little surprised that she didn't come.

We explained that the tooth fairy probably just was busy and had to get through the houses and apartments before going to resorts. He agreed with that and we were happy that we had another night to redeem ourselves as parents.

This however lead Torin to begin telling me that one time he woke up when the tooth fairy was putting money under his pillow. He was sure to inform me that is was for his first front tooth of when he saw her. I asked him what she looked like and this was his description, "Well she's only about 2 feet tall, well maybe 2 1/2 feet. She has wings on her back that helps her fly and she wears a dress that has teeth sown on it and on top of her head is crown and the points of the crown are teeth too." Quite honestly, I was a little scared of his description and realized that we are telling our children that there is a lady who comes into your room when you are sleeping that collects your teeth and puts money under pillow. Let's face it people it is a bit creepy when you think about it.

I asked him if she was upset that he saw her which he replied "She didn't see that I was awake. I just laid really still till she left and then grabbed my dollar." I do LOVE this side of him and cherish the stories that he comes up with.

Here is my adorable toothless son...now that I type that I guess I have to say eldest adorable toothless son as I realize that Bercan still at 11 months doesn't have any teeth :)

No comments: