background

August 25, 2010

Coops got glasses

The Larson family might be blessed in many ways but one area that they have not been blessed is with good eye sight. Bjorn's twin brother and sister have both had glasses since they were 4 years old so really it can to no surprise that our nephew Cooper had to get glasses.

Torin's first comments were "He'll look silly with glasses" which Vaughn piped in quickly, "No he won't, he'll be cute Torin." It was as though Vaughn was sticking up for Cooper in his absence.

Well tonight Torin had earned a prize for summer reading. He's at 36 books and for a kid who really doesn't like to read I am SO proud of him. His prize that he picked was to go to a movie. Bjorn was traveling which meant that we had Berc which equates to not having fun at a movie. So I called to see if we could take Coops if they would take Berc. A deal was made and off we were to grab Coop and head to the movies.

On our way there I realized that we had not seen Cooper since he had gotten his glasses. Torin of course perked up in the backseat. I sharply reminded him that he was to be nice to Cooper about this. Torin said "No Mom I think Cooper will look really cute in his glasses, especially with his smile I think that they'll be rad on him." Really, with his smile...crazy kid.

This got Torin talking about all the people in our family that have glasses. As he is stating each person's name and keeping track of the number he pauses and thinks for a second. "You know Mom it's a really good thing that I like carrots because I'll probably never have to get glasses." I told him that it wouldn't have mattered how many carrots that Cooper ate that he was bound to get glasses.

I will say that he is pretty cute with his glasses...and his smile too :)

No comments: