background

October 8, 2009

Bercan Einar Larson

Well I would like to introduce Bercan Einar Larson. Little Bercan welcomed us with his presence on September 21st, 2009 at 5:50am. We got to the hospital at 2:30am and I was at 4cm. Water was broken at 3:00am, pitocin administered at 3:20am and at 5:45am I pushed 3 times and he was born. Quick and easy is how Bjorn would put it. I would agree with the quick comment and for the most part it was easy as the major pain really didn't start until about 4:30am. He weighed 6lbs 15ozs and is 21 1/4" long. He's got more hair than the two other boys combined and was alert right from the get go. We of course think that he is beautiful!!! Torin and Vaughn were his first visitors, of course Nana too. They were very excited to meet their brother but were not too fond of the name. We actually have video of us singing Happy Birthday to Bercan and Vaughn stating when we said Bercan "No don't tay tat wurd. Tat bad wurd." He is of course alright with the name now. Torin is in LOVE with this little man. Holding him, singing to him and just making sure that he is alright ALL of the time. The other night I told Bercan that he had a stinky neck and Bercan started to cry. Torin told me that was not nice to say and that I hurt Bercan's feelings. He really was not happy with me that I made his little brother cry. It's just too cute to see how protective he is of him. Vaughn is doing well with him too. He's my helper to get a diaper or to throw it out. If he sees a wrapped up diaper he'll ask "Me drow tis out for you mama?" I asked if he wanted to change a dirty diaper the other day and he told me "No way. Tat dishusting!" He's a smart boy :) As for Bjorn he's a great helper too. Taking Bercan after feedings so I can try and get some rest is a huge help. Even if it is only for a few hours it's very helpful. And for me, well I would pay good money for some more sleep but when I look at the pictures below of the wonderful gifts that God has blessed me with I would take no sleep in order to keep all of these precious beautiful boys, Bjorn included :). Hope you all enjoy the pictures...

First look at the world. Looks like he has his fists up ready to go :)
Mommy and Bercan getting a little loving time in before the other boys arrived to meet him..
The best big brothers a boy could ever wish for. I pray that they will always be like this.
My favorite boys in the world....it just doesn't get better than this.
My littlest beautiful man...it's so easy to fall in love with a little face like this.
I love the sleeping pictures of Daddy and baby at the hospital. I've managed to get one of Bjorn and each of the boys sleeping at night in the hospital.
Checking out of the hospital and heading home to see what that is like...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work guys. Good looking family!

Unknown said...

To the Larson Family of 5 now!!! I read your hole blog and absolutely loved it. Let's just say you make the cutest little tator tot I have ever seen!

I miss all of you so badly and would love to see Bercan soon. I am completely behind the times because I just now saw that you have delivered this adorable little man into the world!

Oh Torin and Vaughn!!!! You two are simply adorable and I can't believe I haven't seen you in so long. I have no doubt that you are the best big brothers EVER! Always have been wonderful helpers and such great listeners!I know we talked about it before I left for vacation but I NEED TO GET OVER TO VISIT! Jen, just let me know either on Facebook or my cell.

With love,
Melissa Haun