background

August 19, 2009

Batting Cages, go-carts and Sister Bay Beach












Well it was a jammed pack day of fun. We started off at Al Johnson's for a yummy breakfast and then headed to Sister Bay Beach to wonder around and look off the dock. Vaughn of course wanted to throw rocks and while I was paying more attention to him to ensure that he doesn't jump off the dock I noticed that Torin was behind a tree. A tree that was close to the main road in Sister Bay. As I noticed him behind the tree he jumped out from behind it and when he got to me I asked him what he was doing. His monotone response was "peeing". We then had a long talk about how public urination was not something that we could do. Our backyard is not public but pretty much everything else is. Oh those boys!!!

We then headed to Johnson's Park for the batting cages and go-carting. Torin was tall enough to go on the mini-carts by himself which he was pretty pumped about. Vaughn got to ride in the big go-carts but had to ride with Bjorn. This is a good thing for everything that was on the track. The last thing that I can imagine is Vaughn out in a go-cart by himself. Scary thought. Torin got the "slow" car but wasn't afraid to bump into the other boy who had the "fast" car. I knew that he had a competitve side but I didn't think that it would be in go-carting. As Bjorn told him rubbing is racing. All in all it was a great day for all of us :)

No comments: