background

June 19, 2011

Day 2 DC Vaca

Well today started off just as nice. The boys slept in till 7:30 which means I got to sleep in too. Seriously, I hope this is how it will be for the entire week. The boys were drooling for Al Johnson's swedish pancakes so I caved and we went. Since it was a Tuesday the restaurant was pretty empty and the cakes came pretty much right after we ordered them. Torin and Vaughn both had adult orders with meatballs and Berc got the kiddie one. I didn't order any as I thought that there would be left overs. Not so much the case. I got one meatball and maybe one cake so it was a light breakfast for me :) It was then off to the pontoon that we had rented and we headed out into the big blue. Vaughn thought we were on the ocean, Torin thought we were on Lake Michigan and Berc well he didn't quite care cause he just loved the wind in his hair. We fished a little, boated a little and dipped our toes in and didn't attempt swimming. Green Bay is just as cold as Lake Michigan so we just soaked up the sunshine instead. We had a few snacks and then headed back to the dock. Of course we had to frequent Wilson's for lunch, it's really the only way to go. After lunch we fished off the docks until both boys caught a bass. Vaughn was the first to catch the fish and even though Torin was happy for his brother you could tell that he just really wished it was him. But of course he was still proud.

At this point in the day we had all had enough sunshine and Berc looked like he was going to drop. I told the boys on the way home that they all needed to take naps if we were going to attempt the drive-in. We got back to the cottage and everyone laid down. No whining, no nothing. I laid down on the couch to read and before I knew it I woke up and it was 5:00pm and all the boys were still sleeping. Seriously, at this point the vacation couldn't get any better.

I got up, started making dinner and before I knew it dinner was ready and the boys were all at the table. We gobbled it down and then got ready for the drive-in. I really wasn't sure about trying to conquer this on my own but the boys really impressed me. We got to the drive-in, got the "bed" made in back and all laid down together for the movie. Bercan was a little restless but I caved and gave him his nuk. I told him that if he stayed laying down that he could have it. He tried getting up a couple of times in which I would take the nuk and he would pretty much drop down to get it. I felt like I was treating him like a dog but hey it worked :)

After the movie on the way home Vaughn thanked me for such an awesome day. And really it was.

The back of the van for the drive-in. We had a great time!
Torin's small mouth bass. He was just amazed that the small
mouth bass was bigger than any of the large mouth bass that
he's caught before. It's funny the things that he thinks about!
Vaughny's catch of the day :)
The three crazy boys on the pontoon. They all thought they
were pretty cool to be out on the front of it :)
Bercan is a free little spirit. If he could be naked all of the time
he would be. I was trying to change him into his suit and as
soon as the diaper was off that was that. Thus we had some cute
little buns to look at for the rest of the ride. Silly little man!
Al Johnson's...yuummmy!!! Bercan was super afraid of
the trolls that they had around. He wouldn't go near them.
He would just look at them and shake his head no :)

No comments: