background

January 26, 2011

When I have a wife....

I have to blog this quick before I forget it so I apologize that I still haven't gotten California pictures up yet...They are coming I promise!!!

Monday night we dropped the kids off at Bjorn's parents to try and pick out some tile. It was an errand that needed us both focused versus one of us gathering the troops and ensuring they didn't take the store down. We had met at Bjorn's parents house thus we had two cars. Vaughn of course picked me to drive home with. He and I always have our little conversations when it's just the two of us. I treasure these moments and this is why....

Out of the blue he says to me, "Mom, when I have a wife you can come over and watch our kids, okay?". I of course am thinking this is too cute and ask if I could come over once a week to watch their kids so they can go on date night. A silent pause, "Ahh...yeah that would work out great Mom. And sometimes we drop them at your house so they can sleepover, that okay?" I love these so grown up conversations that will most likely end in the coming years and not be brought up again until he really does have a wife and kids.

On the other hand Torin still tells me that he is going to have 11 children. I hope that Bjorn and I are still active enough to keep up with ALL of these potential grandchildren :)

No comments: