background

September 8, 2009

First day of 1st Grade

Well the first day of 1st grade had a few hiccups as Torin was not happy at first. It was more over the fact that he changed his mind about wanting hot lunch versus bringing lunch from home. Oh the trials...he finally came around and it turned out to be a good first day. Vaughn of course was SO excited for 1st grade. Even though we tried explaining to him that he is in pre-school and that didn't begin until next week. He just didn't get it and was so upset when we dropped him off at Sandy's. I've never left him in tears like that. Being the youngest of my family I know what it's like to be left behind on the first day of school and my heart ached for the little man. I did call and check in on him this morning. He was doing fine as Sandy told him that he could bring homework home. I so remember wanting homework like Terry and Colleen. If I only knew what I was exactly wishing for how I might have changed that wish...

Vaughn and Daddy on the front porch....
Torin finally coming around and loving his mama! He did promise me that he will always be my bug-a-boo this morning. I did know better than to ask for a kiss when we dropped him off at school. Instead I asked for knuckles which I recieved a forehead to my hand. I'll take what I can get I guess :) Funny thing about this morning is that we got the start time of school wrong. Last year it was 9:30 and this year it was changed to 9:15. We dropped him off at 9:15, opps, nothing like showing up late on the first day of school. Better yet, the principal was the one that was at the drop off telling us this. Yep, I'm actually on the PTA and still missed this detail. My excuse was that I was pregnant...oh well...
The two monkeys on the front porch! I love these front porch firs day of school pictures!
Vaughn so excited about school. I will be sure to have pictures of him next week getting on and off the school bus for his sound buddies class and pre-school.
Sweet looks from my big boy. I can't believe that he is already in first grade. No tears were shed this morning but as I am posting this I am wondering how he is doing and hoping that he is happy and making new friends. Does this worry as a Mother ever cease?

A little crabby at first...no hot lunch...new shoes not working....Mom and Dad loosing patience...but all the same time feeling so BLESSED that these are my boys!!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Amazing pics and amazing that Torin is indeed in first grade. I can hardly handle it. EAK!!!! ;)

Jen, you look beautiful and that baby boy looks so amazing. cannot wait to meet him!

Jen, Bjorn, Torin, Vaughn, and Bercan said...

Thanks Kristine! We are excited to meet him as well :)