background

May 7, 2009

Don't work so hard...

This morning I was greeted by Torin deciding how much money he should give me. I told him that I thought it was very nice that he wanted to share his money with me but that people that loved him gave him that money and he didn't need to give it to me. His response was, "Well Mom I just love you so much that I want to give you my money so that you don't have to work so hard." Obviously now thinking that he is the greatest kid EVER he began to count out his money. He gave me 4 bills and said it was $4 dollars. I told him that he had actually given me two $5 bills and two $1 bills. So really he had give me $12. With that he asked for the money back because he had to recount. After a very serious recounting of the money I was given $5 of 5 $1 bills. He asked me how many cents it was that he gave me. We went through that if there are 100 cents per dollar that there would 500 cents in $5. With that I was told the following, "Okay Mom, you go to work today and you tell your boss that your son who is 5 almost 6 and going into first grade gave you 500 cents and that now you don't have to work so hard." Seriously I wish it were that easy....it was a great way to start off the morning!!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Great story! I can just see Torin's eyes lighting up as his brilliant idea came about!

Jen, Bjorn, Torin, Vaughn, and Bercan said...

He didn't seem pretty proud of himself that's for sure :)