background

April 20, 2009

Baby Stories start to unfold....

Well in the hopes that I get better about keeping my blog up here are a few cute stories that could only come from the boys about the baby....

Torin's Logic....

He asked me what size the baby was and remembering something that I had read at 3 months stated that the baby is a size of a lemon. So I told him that it was the size of a lemon. Pretty much every day after that I was asked the question "How big is the baby now?". I kept telling him a lemon for him to try and understand that it's not going to change so quickly just day by day....About two weeks later and many times hearing "How big is the baby now?" I figured that I should give him a different response. I told him that the baby was probably the size of an apple. He looked at me with an odd look and quickly fired back, "Mom, an apple and lemon are the same size." Seriously, how many 5 year olds debate the size of a fruit. I told I meant a very big apple one that is bigger than a lemon. Little stinker...

Vaughn's stories...

Honestly, we never really give Vaughn enough credit. When people would ask me what Vaughn thought of the baby I would reply with that he probably didn't even know that there was a baby in my belly. So I decided to ask him where the baby was and he got a huge smile and said "In your belly mama." I guess the little guy knows what is going on :)

When we asked Vaughn if he wanted to talk to the baby and to tell the baby his name, he got real close to my belly and said "Hi baby, me Jungle Man." Bjorn and I obviously started to laugh as Vaughn thinks that he is Mowgli from The Jungle Book and actually runs around saying he's jungle man.

Then last but not least the other day totally unprompted he came up to me and said "Me, talk to your baby mama." When I lifted up my shirt he said real sweet "Me, missed you baby." and gave my belly a kiss. When I told him that was so nice of him he said "You bring baby to work with you so me missed baby." I guess he really does get much more than we thought...

No comments: